Seconfig XP provides:
- many advanced options for IT professionals
- three easy to use presets for ordinary users
These presets can be used without fully understanding technical
details about options and values selected by them. The main things any
Seconfig XP user must know are:
- Microsoft Networks are required mostly by "My Network Places"
for accessing shared files, folders and printers on other Windows computers
and for logging on to Windows domains. Windows domains are used in most
corporate Windows based networks, however almost never by ISPs (for
- Microsoft Networks are not related to accessing internet (browsing web,
reading and composing e-mail, chatting etc.) in most cases even if internet
is connected via local area network.
- When using Seconfig XP in Windows domain, be sure to have local
administrative access to the computer (e.g. local Administrator account
is enabled and password for it is know).
- It is a wise idea to run Seconfig XP only from local hard disk or
other local medium (or to keep a local copy of it).
- Almost always whenever Seconfig XP can be started it can restore
all changed settings to their original values (which were saved on